Friday, July 8, 2011

Yamaha MT 01

It’s been a couple of days since my last blog but I’ve covered some serious miles in that time.  It’s been really good and I think I’ve mastered the art of Mental Visualisation.  I’m hoping the next time I get back on a bike it will be like I’ve never been off one.  I’m also hoping that I have made some serious headway into sorting my urge to race on the public roads and that everyone I see isn’t as daft as me and want to race.

I will still be doing my Mental Visualisation every day; it’s not something you do once in a while.  You need to work at it constantly the more you do it the more you will get from it and the better you will become.  It’s a win, win situation that will only aid your ability to ride better and safer on the road and faster with more accuracy on the track.

I knew about Mental Visualisation a while back when I was talking to very good friend of mine who swears by it for all sorts of reasons.  He uses it in all his sports activities and has become a very good confident rider due to his belief in Mental Visualisation.  I just wish I had followed his lead when he told me about it in detail; it may have saved me a load of hassle.

Steve is also a great believer in “all things happen for a reason” and I think he’s right, maybe it was time for me to look else wear for my kicks.  In a different style of bike with a different outlook on the way I ride. 

That brings me nicely onto the bike I have been looking at on the net over the past few days.  It’s a Yamaha MT 01.  I’ve never heard of it or seen one before; at least I don’t think so.  It looks very much like the V Max but this is a beast with some serious attitude.  I’m pleased to say they go for a good price too.  I think I’m going to have a problem finding one to test ride, I’ve not seen any for sale in the dealers and I’m not sure Yamaha do test rides.  That’s a problem I’ve had with Yamaha in the past.  They don’t give out test rides.  They fully expect you to part with on average £10,000 and not ride the bike first to find out if that model is for you.  Go to any Ducati or Suzuki dealer and they are more than happy to sort you out with the ride of your choice.

I’m down to two bikes now; it’s going to be between the MT01 and the Aprilia Tuono.  I’ve ridden the Tuono before, only for a very short blast but I loved it.  I’ve always had a soft spot for nakeds and I like Aprilias’.  Italian styling with performance and reliability that you can trust and to some degree you don’t see that many of them on the road and I like that.  The problem I have is I know I can throw a Tuono about and that may well lead to my return to my old habits.

As for the MT 01, it’s so different I’m not sure it’s me.  It has a massive 1670cc engine in it and a back tyre a Porsche would be proud of.  Something so different I think I’d like it and more importantly it would confirm the end of my wild riding days.

I need to see one when I get home, it’s all very well looking at pictures and reading rider’s comments.  I need to get hands on to make that all important decision.  From what I’ve seen it’s a beast and 9/10 owners love it to bits.  The only people who don’t like it are the test riders for magazines but they all think there better than Rossi.  Too big, too heavy and too slow round corners, well according to Alistair Fat Fagan (FB) so is the Suzuki 1000.  So he can take a running jump the fat f**k along with the rest of the so called experts that think there better than Rossi.

Rant over, anyone now where I can get a ride on a Yamaha MT 01?


"All men die, not all men really live"

Ed.


No comments:

Post a Comment